Rand McNally introduced the latest addition to its line of navigation devices at the Family Motor Coach Association’s 86th Family Reunion. The TripMaker RVND 7710 provides a large, easy to read 7″ high-definition screen and 8GB of onboard storage for RV-related information.
“Members of the RVing community have been very enthusiastic about our TripMaker RVND 5510. That device designed just for them provides RV-specific routing, stops and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to see and do along the way,” says Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally. “The TripMaker RVND 7710 will further enhance the experience in large vehicles with its 7-inch high definition screen, provided at a competitive price.”
New features on the TripMaker RVND 7710 include the ability to integrate typical traffic patterns along your route; add custom points of interest such as red-light cameras, special shopping areas, member campgrounds, or any other dataset in a .csv format; and fishing spots found in Rand McNally Editor’s Pick locations.
The TripMaker RVND 7710 includes RV-easy routing for eleven types of RVs, plus a setting for use in cars. The routing takes into consideration Rand McNally’s proprietary research on bridge height, vehicle length and propane restrictions, as well as turning radius considerations for different types of RVs.
RVers can plan their next stop, or an entire multi-stop trip, utilizing the more than 14 million points of interest – many of which are viewable by amenities available on the TripMaker RVND 7710.
Key features of the TripMaker RVND 7710, designed with RVers in mind, include:
- RV Campgrounds, RV Dealers and Service, Parking and Rest Areas including Walmart RV-friendly locations, and Travel Centers with detailed amenities such as dump stations, propane availability and more.
- Detailed exit information that includes retailers and amenities for upcoming exits.
- RVer Tools such as Checklists for set up and take down, Maintenance Logs, Trails back to your campsite, and Quick Mileage Calculators.
- Pet-friendly locations including parks, animal hospitals, and beaches.
- Best of the Road® three-to-four day adventures including interesting stops, videos and photos of the locations, maps and more to plan a memorable adventure. Includes the 2011 Best Small Towns in America finalists!
- Regional Trips, Scenic Tours, Weekend Getaways, and City Trips.
- 12,000 Rand McNally selected locations that will make any trip exciting and unique.
The TripMaker RVND 7710, available in North America in October 2011, is fully operational in English, Canadian French, and Spanish. The suggested retail price is $399 USD plus applicable sales tax Visit www.randmcnally.com/rvgps for more information.