Rand McNally Navigation Offered in 2014 Winnebago Models
Rand McNally’s RV GPS navigation will be featured as part of the new X1 family of infotainment systems in 2014 Winnebago, Itasca and Winnebago Touring Coach motorhomes.
The new X1S 6″ and the industry first, X1 DM 10.4″ Infotainment Systems are the two options chosen by Winnebago. With a 10.4″ display the X1 DM offers the largest integrated, in-dash OEM solution in the RV market today.
“Our Winnebago Industries motorhome owners expect the best from us,” says Russ Garfin,m product manager, Winnebago Industries. “We’ve partnered with the navigation industry’s best – Rand McNally – to provide navigation and routing information specific to RV travel, providing RV-specific stops along the way and enhancing the trip experience.”
Rand McNally’s RV software includes:
• Specialized routing and turn-by-turn spoken directions in the U.S. and Canada for 11 different classes of RV
• Navigation based on legal and physical restrictions, such as height, width, weight limits and propane restrictions, and the ability to favor right- or left-hand turns depending on motorhome class
• Warnings for speed limit changes, sharp curves, dirt roads, and other potential hazards
• Millions of points of interest including those specialized for RVs: RV Campgrounds with detailed amenities, RV dealers and maintenance facilities, dump stations, rest stops, travel centers, pet-friendly locations, and more
• RV Checklists/Maintenance Logs/Trails
• Rand McNally featured road trips, including Best of the Road®, Regional Trips, Scenic Tours and Weekend Getaways
• 2D/3D Maps with Junction View
• Multi-stop route optimization
• User-configurable warnings to assist in creating detours, choosing to permanently avoid road segments, and receiving warnings for upcoming hazards such as bridges and construction
“Being selected as the exclusive GPS provider by industry leaders such as Winnebago Industries and XiteSolutions North America recognizes the routing expertise and superior user experience that Rand McNally has developed,” says Dave Muscatel, CEO, Rand McNally. “The features of the X1 Family products, including our navigation, will add value to Winnebago Industries’ premier motorhomes, helping make the driving experience even more enjoyable.”
“We believe that our new X1 family of infotainment coupled with the power of Rand McNally’s industry best navigation experience will provide the ultimate in-dash tools for today’s RVers,” says Craig Smith, president of XiteSolutions North America. “Winnebago Industries’ choice to offer Rand McNally’s RV software as its exclusive navigation along with our new X1 products shows their commitment to bringing their customers a dynamic new motorhome driving experience and value.”